Social media has been agog for the past few days over the burial ceremony of the mother of billionaire businessman and club owner, Obi Iyiegbu, popularly known as Obi Cubana.
Obi Cubana, who lost his mother in December 2020, laid her to rest on July 16th 2021 in Oba, Anambra state.
Preparations for the funeral caught the attention of many after the club owner received 246 cows from his friends. Obi Cubana also bought a diamond chain and pendant from a popular jeweller, Efobi Stephen, which had his late mother’s face engraved on it.
All you need to know about Obi Cubana:
- Obi Cubana whose real name is Obi Iyiegbu was born on 12 April 1975 (46) in Oba Anambra State, Nigeria. The businessman who is said to be worth $500,000,000 is married to Ebele Iyiegbu with four boys.
- Obi Cubana married his wife Ebele who is a lawyer by profession in 2008.
- Obi Cubana went to Central Primary School, where he bagged his First School Leaving Certificate. He attended Dennis Memorial Grammar School, where he had his Senior School Leaving Certificate.
- He then gained admission to the University of Nigeria Nsukka and graduated in 1998 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science.
- The billionaire businessman founded a Club called Ibiza Club in Abuja in 2006.
- He had massive success with Ibiza club and went on to established Cubana in 2009 in Owerri, Imo State.
- As at today Obi has been able to spread Cubana’s reach across various states in the country, including Lagos, Abia and Enugu.
- While Obi is the chairman of Cubana Group, one of his close associate is Paschal Okechukwu, also known as Cubana Chief Priest, who is the General Manager of Cubana, Owerri and others.
- The popular socialite buried his mother on the 16th of July, 2021 which brought the village of Oba to the limelight.
- Cubana lost his mother in 2020, to keep her in his memory, he got her immortalized with a pendant and neckpiece worth $100,000.