- Advertisement -
Breaking News In Nigeria Today 2021Buhari Condemns Killing Of 15 In Sokoto, Issues Directive To Security Agents

Buhari Condemns Killing Of 15 In Sokoto, Issues Directive To Security Agents

Advertisements

BREAKING: ‘Your Threats Unnecessary’ – Buhari Replies Niger Delta Avengers

President Muhammadu Buhari has condemned the latest massacre of 15 people in Goronyo and Illela Local Government Areas of Sokoto.

Buhari in a statement through his Media Assistant, Garba Shehu, warned that “this needless and mindless violence against innocent people cannot go unpunished.”

Advertisements

Buhari warned that: “This persistent and unprovoked violence against unarmed civilians must be met with fierce response by the government.

“Let me once again, reassure Nigerians, that this administration will not abandon them to their fate in the face of this existential challenge caused by banditry.”

According to the President, “we are taking delivery of military equipment to improve the capacity of our security forces to effectively deal with this issue.

“Our military is also deploying advanced technology to enhance surveillance and related operations to locate and crush these criminals and enemies of our common humanity.

This administration will not tolerate this state of affairs where criminals deprive the people of their means of livelihoods and turn them into beggars and refugees. The bandits are living in a fool’s paradise if they believe that they can’t be crushed. The criminals cannot be lucky always; they will ultimately meet their Waterloo. Evil cannot triumph over good no matter how long it takes,” President Buhari added.

Meanwhile, State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal confirmed to newsmen in an interview on Monday that bandit terrorists have in the last weekend killed no fewer than fifteen residents of Goronyo and Illela.

Naija News understands that the state police command had earlier denied that nobody was killed in the said councils, describing the reports as fake.

However, Tambuwal who appeared on Channels Television programme yesterday, confirmed the attack, noting that the victims were murdered during the raid which happened on Sunday night and last through Monday morning.

Tambuwal told reporters that the bandits were bold enough to appoint district heads in affected communities.

ADS BY ADSTERRA

ADS BY JUBNA

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Subscribe Today

Get unlimited access to our EXCLUSIVE Content and our archive of subscriber stories.

Exclusive content

- Advertisement -

Latest article

ADS

More article