Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has confirmed that he almost lost his life during an attack on Saturday by some gunmen he described as herdsmen.
The Governor who spoke with newsmen after the incident, narrated that the gunmen, numbering about 15, trailed him and his team to a riverbank when he was on foot before launching the attack.
It will be recalled as previously reported by Naija News that the gunmen opened fire on the governor’s convoy at Tyo Mu community along Makurdi/Gboko road, few miles from Makurdi.
However, the gunmen were repelled by the security men attached to the governor.
Confirming the incident, Governor Ortom told newsmen that his security team of just about six persons, responded and repelled the armed men who attacked him and then whisked him away to safety.
While praising the gallant efforts of his security team, Ortom added that troops of operation whirl stroke, the police, and operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS), have mobilized to the forest between Tyo Mu and Abinse to dislodge the armed herdsmen.
He also blamed the leadership of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore and called for their arrest.
Meanwhile, the Governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Ganduje, has finally spoken on the trending video where he was allegedly seen stuffing dollars in his pocket.
Recall that Daily Nigerian in 2018 released a series of videos showing the governor allegedly collecting kickbacks from a contractor.
The Kano House of Assembly set up a committee to investigate the issue.
Ganduje finally on Friday evening in a BBC Hausa programme, A Fada A Cika, spoke on the allegation.
The Kano State Governor had spoken on the issue after Kabiru Sa’idu Dakata, asked him what he is doing to end corruption.
While answering the question, Ganduje said the videos are fake and that an underground investigation is ongoing on the matter.
Source: Naija News