NewsOnline Nigeria reports that Lagos Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has admitted that Nigerian Military officers ordered the shooting of unarmed #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate last week Tuesday, October 20.
Recall that on Tuesday evening, October 20, men in army uniform suspected to soldiers of the Nigerian Army invaded a peaceful protest at Lekki toll gate in Lagos, killing #EndSARS protesters in the process.
Giving an update on the Lekki shooting during a live interview on CNN, Sanwoolu disclosed that according to CCTV footage gotten from the scene of the shooting, officers of the Nigerian Army were responsible for the attack.
7 Days After, Sanwo-Olu Reveals Who Ordered Lekki Shooting
Jide Sanwoolu has now admitted that the military were deployed. And that there were casualties.
— 20.10.2020 (@I_Am_Ilemona) October 26, 2020
When asked about who ordered the shooting at Lekki toll gate and which security branch carried out the order, Governor Sanwo-Olu said; “From the footage that we can see, there are cameras at that facility. It seems to me that there were men in military uniform, should be Nigerian Army.”
The Interviewer pressed further, ”So you’re saying that it was Military officers who ordered peaceful protesters to be shot in lekki?”
Governor Sanwo-Olu replied; “Yes, they were there. That’s what it shows”.
When asked if anyone will be held accountable, Governor Sanwo-Olu said; “They certainly would….I mean, we’ll do everything to ensure that they are held accountable”
“I’m not the C-in-C, I’m Governor of the state.”